Emergency Service

Asbestos, Lead & Mold Removal
Selective & Full Demolition


(844) 742-9025

Is Mold Living in Your Home?

As a homeowner in Anniston you do everything you can to keep your home updated and looking nice. So what happens when you come home and find a few feet of water in your home? You may think you can handle the clean-up and pump out the water. Once the water is gone so is the threat right? Wrong. Depending on how long the water was there, and where all it seeped into, many things can go wrong. Mold can start to grow if you don’t get the area completely dry. What’s a little mold right? You wouldn’t think it could cause very much damage by looking at it, but mold can be a huge problem. If not taken care of right away it can continue growing. Water damage and mold are one of the most common claims for homeowners. Being prepared can help minimize the damage.

What exactly is mold?mold removal anniston

Mold is a type of fungus that have spores so small that you cannot see them without a microscope. It only becomes visible to the naked eye when there are many spores together. Molds vary in color based on the nutrient source.

Why does mold grow?

Mold needs water, a food source, oxygen, and temperatures between 40-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Mold can grow on all kinds of surfaces. Do you live in an area with high moisture levels? Have you noticed a musty smell? Have you had any recent water damage? If you could answer yes to any of the previous questions, you have a chance of mold developing or already being present in your home.

What are the health risks of having mold in your home?

Mold can cause cold-like symptoms, runny noses, rashes, and difficulty breathing. Everyone has been exposed to mold at one point in their life. The affects it has are based on the levels of exposure. Mold affects each person differently based on whether or not they have allergies. Mold can make asthma or other respiratory conditions even worse.

What kind of damage could mold cause?

Mold can get into the drywall, carpet, and wood beams. Over time it can start to wear away the surface of the material it is on, making it unstable. Mold is made up of thousands of tiny spores. If touched or moved around mold can become airborne. Once mold spores are airborne, it can then get in your ventilation systems causing damage in previously unaffected areas and causing respiratory problems for the people and pets inside the home.

Call in the Professionals

If you live in a humid area or if you have had any recent water in your home, you should call the professionals at Capstone Environmental and have a mold assessment done. As soon as mold is suspected or found you should call in the professionals to help with the mold removal in your Anniston home. The mold removal experts at Capstone Environmental are standing by to help you with all of your mold concerns.

Call Now button